French Onion Fig Tarts w/ a Balsamic Glaze
- 1bag of organic white onions
- 6 cloves of organic garlic
- 1 pack of bacon
- 2 sheets of Glenda’s puff pastry or make your own
- 1 package of micro greens
- 10 figs
- Handful of fresh chopped thyme and basil
- Balsamic drizzle (if you don’t have it you can use honey or maple syrup
- 1package of Glendas spinach and artichoke dip
- 1 package of goat cheese
- 1-2 cups of shredded gruyere cheese
- Slice all onions and throw in a pan with some butter and salt and pepper (I also like to add some red or white wine to mine because why not). Cook low and slow while constantly stirring until caramelized at the end add grated garlic stir and set aside. While that’s cooking because it will take awhile, cook your bacon as you normally would set aside to cool and cut into pieces.
- Grease your muffin tin and line the bottom and sides with your puff pastry dough (usually a square piece of dough will do the trick for each).
- In a bowl mix together your spinach artichoke dip, caramelized onion mixture, bacon pieces, chopped figs, chopped fresh herbs, both the cheeses. Fill pastry cups with a generous spoonful of this mixture. Cook for 10-20 minutes depending on what size you’re having.
- Once done take out of the oven and top with your fresh micro greens, drizzle of choice and fresh herbs