APPLE CINAMMON LOAF
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside. Beat white sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until incorporated; add vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together in another bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Next add half the apples and half the brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a finger or spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. This recipe took 65 minutes in my oven.