Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 28 oz reduced sodium chicken broth mixed with ½ cup water and heated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- In a medium heavy-bottom saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add squash; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until edges soften. Approximately 6-8 minutes.
2. Add rice and stir. Add wine; cook until almost all liquid has evaporated about 1-2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low; add ½ cup hot broth mixture. Cook, stirring until all liquid is absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture, ½ cup at a time, stirring until liquid is absorbed before adding more. This will take about 30-45 minutes.
4. Stir in parmesan, sage, and 1 ½ teaspoons salt. Garnish with more parmesan and sage if desired.