Corn Cheddar Muffins
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup grated yellow cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk (if you don’t have buttermilk, add 1 tsp of lemon juice to regular milk)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup corn (fresh or thawed frozen)
- 2 tbsp chopped chives or green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin tins with large parchment muffin cups.
- Place cornmeal, flour, 1 cup of the cheese, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chili powder in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs. Add the buttermilk, vegetable oil and the corn. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and using a spatula stir to combine.
- Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle chives and remaining cheddar on top of the batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.