The Covent Garden Market, in collaboration with the Middlesex Health Unit continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely.
**UPDATE** FACE COVERINGS/MASKS IN ALL INDOOR ENCLOSED PUBLIC SPACES (here at the Covent Garden Market) will be mandatory starting Saturday, July 18th. You will be required to wear a mask before entrance into the Market.
The Covent Garden Market provides fresh and prepared foods to local residents and is considered an essential service by the Provincial Government. We believe in the importance of local food systems and is committed to remaining open to provide food access to our customers and the Downtown residences.
The safety of our customers, tenants and community is our number one priority and we have implemented the following precautious measures that have been advised by the Middlesex Health Unit:
- The entire building has been completely sanitized and disinfected. The occurrence of disinfecting and cleaning heavily touched surfaces in the Market has increased and is being monitored by staff. These areas include door handles, handrails, elevators, etc.
- As of Friday, July 17th, we will have limited seating and tables available for customers, adhering to recommended limits and ensuring physical distancing can be maintained.
- The King Street entrance & the Talbot Street entrance are open. At these entrance ways, there will be Security posted and screening customers, asking them to please be respectful of the requested social distancing. There will be hand sanitizer for all customers to sanitize their hands upon entry to the Market.
- We will be keeping track of the number of customers coming in and out to ensure we are keeping to the safe recommended number of patrons in the building at one time.
- Signs have been posted to remind customers that they should not enter the Market if they are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19, have recently travelled or have been in contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19.
- Signs have been posted to remind customers and staff to physically distance themselves from each other.
- The Covent Garden Market has requested that those planning to come to the Market to busk, play music or conduct any type of performance that could encourage social gathering to not visit at this time.
- Our public washrooms are being cleaned on an hourly basis.
- The Covent Garden Market has canceled all events and activities during this time.
During this time, we will have the following reduced hours:
- Monday to Saturday: 9am-5pm
- Sunday: CLOSED
- Our parking garage remains open 24/7.
The OUTDOOR FARMERS MARKET
As of May 16th, the Outdoor Farmers’ Market is open! It is important, especially now, that we support our local farmers and producers and we are proud to be a link between them and our local community. The Farmers’ Market will have to operate differently than usual, as the safety of our farmers, producers, customers, and staff is our priority. With approval from the Middlesex-London Health Unit, we will be implementing the following precautionary measures:
- At this time, the Outdoor Farmers’ Market will only be open on Saturdays from 9-1.
- For the time being, the Outdoor Farmers’ Market will not operate as a social gathering and we will have no seating and tables, no entertainment, and no activities or special events. We will be a grocery operation only and ask that you only attend to purchase your essential goods from your local producers.
- We will be limiting your entrance to the market square to Talbot Street where Security will be posted and screening customers, asking them to please sanitize their hands, be respectful of social distancing recommendations, and follow the Outdoor Farmers’ Market’s new safety rules. We will be monitoring the number of people present in the market square, as well as guiding their path towards a safe exit.
- We recommend the use of contactless methods of payment and encourage pre-orders and pick-up at the market whenever possible.
ONLINE DELIVERY & Curb Side Pick up:
We have a number of vendors within the Market that are offering home deliveries along with curb side pick up. These vendors include:
- The Tea Haus: Phone: 1-866-625-3832 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tanakaya: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and Door Dash OR Call by phone for pick up: 519-8508838
- Cucina Italiana: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and Door Dash or for pick up: 519-679-4242
- Chris’ Country Cuts: Order Form: https://www.chriscountrycuts.com/butchers-london-ontario
- Mark’s Fine Meats: Home Delivery and Curb Side. Call: 519-667-9993 or Email: email@example.com
- Seoul Seafood: Uber Eats
- The Rice Box: Uber Eats
- Thai Delight: Uber Eats & Skip the Dishes
- Olive R. Twists: Uber Eats
- The Chocolate Factory: Curb Side Pick up and Home Deliveries. Phone: 519-284-3572. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hasbeans Coffee: Email: email@example.com
- Kleiber’s Deli: Please call for pick up: 519-495-7753 (Available after 5pm)
- Homeopathy: Curb Side Pick-up: 519-673-4447
- The Ice Cream Bowl: Uber Eats
- The Salad Bowl: Uber Eats
- The Better Blend Smoothie Bar: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and available for pick up: 226-272-5038
- Forget Me Not Flowers: Phone: 519-850-3300 or order online: https://www.fmnflowers.ca/flowers/florists-choice-daily-deal