The Covent Garden Market, in collaboration with the Middlesex Health Unit continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation closely.
The following set of guidelines have been put in place to mitigate the probability of COVID-19 transmission in the Covent Garden Market. The guide lines are a fluid document and will change as required if the province changes its rules or the Middlesex London Health Unit requirements change the directives.
The Market will always strive to stay ahead of the requirements and react to required changes as diligently as possible. The Market does not make changes with respect to COVID-19 without direction from MLHU.
Covent Garden Market Action Plan
- Controlled with a staff member situated control booth
- Sanitizer made available at entrance and requested
- Signage to indicate all requirements imposed by public health that affect the Market
- Specific in and out set up
- Customer counts controlled to avoid over crowding
- Automatic wave controllers installed at handicap entrances to avoid the need to touch door handles
- Controlled entry into Farmers’ market
- Office administration protective barriers for staff to allow safe distancing with customers and vendors etc. have been installed
- Mask requested at entrances
- Some food court tables have been removed to allow safe distancing and ensure proper cleaning
- New and hospital grade chemicals used for all cleaning which are all approved products by the MLHU
- Bathrooms deep sanitized with an outside company, Citron Hygiene (spray and mist)
- Full-time person now constantly wiping down all entrance way doors, elevator doors and controls (min once per hour)
- All food court tables and chairs cleaning has been doubled
- Closed on Sundays for a deep clean
- Floors now being cleaned and we are using Warrior disinfective nightly
- All to have protective shield barriers at point of contact with customers
- Masks required unless medically exempt (customers and vendors)
- All restaurants to follow requirements of MLHU and the Ministry of Health
- Market to ensure they are following the protocol of guidelines
- Market to pass along any changes or notices to its vendors i.e.: MLHU or Ministry of Health
- All vendors required to report any illness to MLHU if suspected COVID-19 case
- Required to direct people to put on masks if they aren’t wearing one
- Monitor safe distancing
- Determine potential for overcrowding and control crowd by closing entrance temporarily to allow people to leave and return to safe customer shopping level
During this time, we are OPEN Monday to Saturday 8am-6pm.
- Our parking garage remains open 24/7.
The OUTDOOR FARMERS MARKET
The Outdoor Farmers’ Market is open! It is important, especially now, that we support our local farmers and producers and we are proud to be a link between them and our local community. The Farmers’ Market will have to operate differently than usual, as the safety of our farmers, producers, customers, and staff is our priority. The last Outdoor Farmers Market for the year will be Saturday, December 19th. With approval from the Middlesex-London Health Unit, we will be implementing the following precautionary measures:
- At this time, the Outdoor Farmers’ Market will only be open on Saturdays from 8-1.
- For the time being, the Outdoor Farmers’ Market will not operate as a social gathering and we will have no seating and tables, and no activities or special events. We will be a grocery operation only and ask that you only attend to purchase your essential goods from your local producers.
- We will be limiting your entrance to the market square to Talbot Street where Security will be posted and screening customers, asking them to please sanitize their hands, be respectful of social distancing recommendations, and follow the Outdoor Farmers’ Market’s new safety rules. We will be monitoring the number of people present in the market square, as well as guiding their path towards a safe exit.
- We recommend the use of contactless methods of payment and encourage pre-orders and pick-up at the market whenever possible.
ONLINE DELIVERY & Curb Side Pick up:
We have a number of vendors within the Market that are offering home deliveries along with curb side pick up. These vendors include:
- The Tea Haus: Phone: 1-866-625-3832 Email:email@example.com
- Tanakaya: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and Door Dash OR Call by phone for pick up: 519-8508838
- Cucina Italiana: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and Door Dash or for pick up: 519-679-4242
- Chris’ Country Cuts: Order Form: https://www.chriscountrycuts.com/butchers-london-ontario
- Mark’s Fine Meats: Home Delivery and Curb Side. Call: 519-667-9993 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seoul Seafood: Uber Eats
- The Rice Box: Uber Eats
- Thai Delight: Uber Eats & Skip the Dishes
- Olive R. Twists: Uber Eats
- The Chocolate Factory: Curb Side Pick up and Home Deliveries. Phone: 519-284-3572. Email: email@example.com
- Hasbeans Coffee: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kleiber’s Deli: Please call for pick up: 519-495-7753 (Available after 5pm)
- Homeopathy: Curb Side Pick-up: 519-673-4447
- The Ice Cream Bowl: Uber Eats
- The Salad Bowl: Uber Eats
- The Better Blend Smoothie Bar: Uber Eats, Skip the Dishes and available for pick up: 226-272-5038
- Forget Me Not Flowers: Phone: 519-850-3300 or order online: https://www.fmnflowers.ca/flowers/florists-choice-daily-deal