Curried Sweet Potato Hummus
Makes about 4 cups
- 1 pound sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) tahini
- 2 tbsp. (25 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tsp. (15 ml) curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 c. (50 ml) chopped cilantro (optional)
- More olive oil for drizzling
- Whole-wheat pita and raw veggies
- Steam the sweet potato until tender about 14 -15 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor.
- Add the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, oil, curry powder, and garlic in the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add cilantro if using and pulse once more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- Transfer to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with whole wheat pita and veggies.
Note: If you make the dip ahead, it may be necessary to re-season with a bit of salt and some more lemon juice before serving.