Curried Waldorf Salad with Shrimp
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp curry powder or garam masala
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- 2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tsbp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 16 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 cups washed salad greens
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, zest and half of the curry powder or garam masala. Set aside.
- Julienne the apples using a mandolin, julienne peeler or slicing thinly. Add to the mayonnaise mixture and toss well.
- Add celery, walnuts and raisins. Toss to combine.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large shallow non-stick pan over medium heat. Sprinkle the remaining curry powder or garam masala over the shrimp. Pan sear the shrimp, turning once, until they are pink and just cooked through. Season lightly with salt.
- Line each plate with lettuce. Spoon the salad over the lettuce and garnish with two shrimp.