Fresh Corn Salsa
- 3 cups raw corn kernels, about 4 cobs of fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, about 1 bunch
- 1 to 2 medium jalapeños, finely chopped (use 1 for mild-to-medium salsa or 2 for more spicy salsa)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- In a medium serving bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Adjust to taste, if necessary: For more zing, add about 1 teaspoon more vinegar or 1 tablespoon more lime juice. For more flavor overall, add another pinch of salt. For more spice, add more jalapeño.
- For best flavor, allow the salsa to marinate for 20 minutes before serving. This salsa keeps well in the refrigerator, covered, for 3 to 4 days. Enjoy!
Tip: When cutting the kernels off the cob, lay the corn on a cutting board, and slice the kernels off lengthwise.
Always great paired with tortilla chips for dipping!