Frittata with Kale Raab
- 12 kale raab
- 1 tbsp olive oil, or more as needed
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse and dry the kale raab. If kale raab is large, cut in half lengthwise.
- Heat oil in an 8 inch cast iron pan over medium heat. Add kale raab and fry until just wilted and bright green, 1 to 2 minutes, turning them once or twice. Do not let them brown. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon or fork.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed so the entire pan is covered with a thin layer of oil. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook over low to medium heat until the bottom starts to set, 3 to 5 minutes. Distribute kale raab in a decorative pattern on top and cook until eggs are set at the bottom but still moist on top, about 5 minutes.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Broil until eggs are fully set and top is lightly browned, 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with kale flowers. Serve hot or at room temperature.