Gluten-Free Shrimp Cakes
•1 bag of wild caught shrimp from marks fine meats
•1 organic shredded zucchini
•3 org roasted red peppers
•half a roasted jalapeño (optional if you want to add a little kick)
•3 corn on the cob
•1-2 cups of peas
•org fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro, or basil)
•3-4 cloves of garlic
•organic coconut flakes
•organic avocado oil
•gluten free panko bread crumbs
•gluten free flour
•3-4 pasture eggs (depending on their size)
•micro greens/ or pea sprouts
•1 tbsp of honey
Prepared by Brittany Quinn
- first start by cutting the corn off the Cobb. Make sure your corn is cooked first. Roast three red peppers (and jalapeño if you wanted to add the kick in the oven @350 with some avocado oil for about fifteen twenty minutes) while that is roasting, in a hot chemical free skillet or cast iron pan add a few tbs of some grass fed butter, the peas, zucchini, corn, garlic. Sauté and cook until soft but try not to over cook.
- Once veggies are cooked chop the red pepper and jalapeño and add all the veggies into one bowl. Then chop the raw shrimp into big pieces and add to the bowl of veggies.
- Add eggs, a handful of fresh herbs, some lime juice n a tsp of lime zest salt n pepper to season. Slowly add mixture that is equal parts flour, coconut flakes, and panko crumbs. Start slowly by just adding a little at a time. Keep adding until you have the right consistency and can form into cakes. Then coat cakes in panko and coconut flakes.
- Once formed set on parchment paper and put in the freezer while you make the avocado salsa. Cut avocado, mango and cucumber and add the other limes juice, honey, salt, handful of chopped fresh herbs into a bowl and mix.
- Once that’s ready take out your shrimp cakes and let’s start cooking! In a hot skillet cover the pan generously on avocado oil. 1 minute each side or till golden brown (depends how big you made them)
- Serve with avocado salsa, tzatziki dip and fresh sprouts.