Grilled Nectarine Salad with Burrata and Arugula
For the Salad:
- 6 nectarines halved and pitted
- 3 tablespoons (45ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 balls burrata cheese
- 6 cups (1.5L)baby arugula
For the Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) local honey
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) Kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5ml) freshly ground pepper
Fanshawe's Artisanal Culinary Arts Program
- Drain the burrata; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and mustard. In a slow, steady stream, gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Preheat a grill to high heat. In a medium bowl, toss together the nectarine halves and olive oil. Place the nectarines cut side down on the grill. Cook without turning until the nectarines begin to caramelize and the skin starts to pull away from the fruit, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, gently toss the arugula with half of the prepared vinaigrette. Arrange arugula on a large, wide platter. Add the burrata, tearing each ball into 3 pieces and scatter over the greens. Add the grilled nectarines. Drizzle nectarines with remaining vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.