Grilled Sugar Snap Peas with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup Natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup Warm water
- 1 clove Garlic, (minced)
- 1-½ tsp Fresh ginger (minced)
- 2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Lime juice
- 2 tsp Ontario honey
- 1-½ tsp Soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 lb. Ontario sugar snap peas
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lime – juice and zest
- Kosher salt and freshly
- ground pepper
Grilling brings out the natural sweetness of this summer squash. Both the seeds and tender skin may be eaten!
- In a bowl, gently mix together the peanut butter and warm water until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference.
- Toss sugar snap peas in combined olive oil, lime juice & zest and season
- Place peas on hot charcoal grill and cook for approximately one minute per side. Do not overcook – the peas should still be crunchy when eating.
- Remove from grill and serve with the peanut sauce.