Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Soup
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for brushing onto bacon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2 1lbs of sweet potatoes
- ¼ tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- heavy cream, to garnish (optional)
- cinnamon, to garish (optional)
- Lay slices of bacon on a greased pan.
2. Bake for 20 minutes at 400F. flip once half way through.
3. Dab off any extra oil and brush maple syrup on both sides of the bacon.
4. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes (until bacon is crispy)
5. Cut the bacon into small pieces and set aside for garnishing the soup.
6. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add onion, stir, and cook on medium heat until fragrant.
7. Add in the sweet potatoes, chicken broth, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil.
8. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes have softened. Add 2 tablespoons of maple
syrup and stir.
9. Blend with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender and blend in batched until smooth and well-combined.
10. Garnish with heavy cream, maple bacon, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.