Miso Glazed Fish with Root Vegetables
- 1 salmon filet (about 1.5 lbs), rinsed and dried
- 1/3 cup white miso paste
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup carrot, about 2-3
- 1 cup parsnip, about 2-3
- 1 cup beets, about 1-2
- 1 fennel bulb, medium
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 green onion, finely sliced
- 2 tsp roasted sesame seeds
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk miso, mirin, soy sauce, brown sugar and 1 tbsp of fresh ginger.
- Place salmon on a baking sheet and coat with half of miso mixture.
- Toss vegetables with sesame oil and remaining ginger. Arrange evenly on the baking sheet around the fish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve sprinkled with green onion and roasted sesame seeds, and with remaining miso mixture.