Mixed Vegetable Paneer Butter Masala
- Bay leaves – 3 leaves
- Cloves – 5 cloves
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Dalchini (different type cinnamon stick) – 1
- Cardamom – 3 to 4 pods
- Coriander seeds – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 2 Tbsp
- Black Cardamom – 1 pod
- Green chilli – 2
- Red Onions – 2
- Tomatoes – Beefsteak or Roma – 6 to 7
- Lemon – 1
- Fresh Cilantro
- Cauliflower – 1 head
- Peas – frozen or fresh – 1 cup
- Carrot – 1
- Green beans – 100gms
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 tbsp grated
- Paneer – 1 Pack – 350gms to 400gms
- Fresh Cream – 18% table cream – 250 to 300 ml
- Non salted Butter – 1 cup
Pantry: Spices and Nuts
- Cashew – 10 to 15 pieces
- Any type of Cooking Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Black Pepper – crushed or whole – 1 Tbsp
- Garam Masala (Indian spice mix) – 2 Tbsp
- Kasuri Methi (Fried Fenugreek leaves)
- Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
- Kashmiri Mirch powder – 1 Tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
- Turmeric – 1 Tsp
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- All Purpose flour : 400 gms (extra for dusting)
- Cooking Oil (Olive oil / Peanut or Vegetable oil)
- Ghee (Clarified butter) – 50gms
Prepared by Himadri Vyas
Mix Veg paneer butter masala
- In a saucepan, add 2 tbsp preferred oil at medium flame, once oil is hot add all whole spices, garlic, ginger, green chillies and chopped onions(leave some chopped onion on side for later use). Simmer it until the onion is slightly brown. (approx: 4 to 6 mins)
- Add tomatoes, cashews, black pepper (whole or crushed) and salt and let it simmer until tomatoes are soft and add 2 cups of water. Let all cook for another 6 to 8 mins, turn off the stove and let it cool off for 10 to 15 mins.
- While gravy is being cooked, set off to cool, in another larger pan add water to boil for the vegetables to be cooked. Add chopped cauliflower, carrots and let it boil for 5 mins, add peas and green beans. Cook for another 3- 5 mins and strained the veggies and set aside.
- In a bowl, have lukewarm water, add cut pieces of paneer with some salt and let it soak until ready to add in the curry. (This will make paneer soft)
- Blend the cooled off tomato base gravy in a blender. You can sift through to make smooth gravy or can use it directly from the blender.
- In a Dutch oven or any large pan, add 2 tbsp butter, add left over onions, cooked and strained veggies, add turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, Mirch powder (chilli powder), garam masala, salt (approx 1 tsp or as per taste) and 1 tbsp sugar and saute for 5 mins. Add the blended gravy and add more 2 tbsp butter and let it simmer for another 5 mins.
- Once everything is cooked and mixed properly, finish it with fresh cream, crushed kasuri methi and chopped coriander. Squeeze some lemon and serve with rice/ naan/ roti/paratha.
Paratha (Laccha Paratha)
- In a large bowl add 2 cups of All purpose flour, 1 tbsp oil, ¼ tsp salt (as per your taste), 1 tbsp sugar.
- Add ¾ cup of lukewarm water and mix the dough. And set aside for 15 mins.
- On a surface spread some flour and add the dough and knead for 2 mins.
- Roll the dough in rectangle shape till you get a thin layer thickness of toonie.
- Spread some Vegetable oil and sprinkle some flour and roll like a cinnamon bun.
- Cut the roll into pieces and flatten with palm and set aside.
- Start rolling each piece and cook both sides on a flat pan with some butter or ghee at the end.
Tip: While making all the paratha, putting it in a kitchen towel keeps it warm and soft.