Nasi Goreng Gila
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (vegetable, canola, or avocado, for example)
- 2 cups day-old plain rice
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 2 cups chopped vegetable and/or meat of your choice
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tsp Bapak’s Sambal Oelek
- 1 tbsp butter or margerine
- Kosher salt
- black pepper
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add rice and toss to coat with oil.
- Then add onion and vegetables and/or meat, cook and toss to heat through.
- Add kecap manis and Bapak’s Sambal Oelek and toss frequently; add butter or margarine, coating rice to prevent sticking.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Serve with fried egg, crispy shallots, and sliced cucumber and tomato.