Rainbow Pancakes (Naturally Coloured!)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Orange pancakes – add 1 small carrot, peeled and diced, plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch nutmeg
- Pink pancakes – add 1 small beet peeled and diced, plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon, pinch nutmeg
- Yellow pancakes – add 1 banana, plus 1-2 teaspoons turmeric
- Blue/purple pancakes – add ½ cup blueberries
- Green pancakes – handful spinach, plus ½ banana, plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, vanilla, honey, yogurt, milk, and melted butter in blender.
- Turn on blender and mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture in half.
- Add one of the “add ins” and put half of the mixture back into the blender.
- Blend until fruit or vegetable is completely combined.
- Cook pancakes in nonstick frying pan or griddle over medium heat on first side until small bubbles appear.
- Flip pancakes and cook until cooked through.
- If cooking a large batch, turn oven on to 200 degrees and place pancakes on a large baking sheet until all are cooked.