Smoked Salmon Tartare
- 8 oz / 226 g smoked salmon, cut into 1/4” pieces
- 3 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche*
- Splash of lemon juice
* Sour cream can be used if you can’t find crème fraîche, or you blew your budget on the smoked salmon. Ideally use 14% sour cream, 5% if you absolutely insist on lower fat, but try your best to avoid no-fat sour cream.
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
I love a party dish that requires very little investment in both time and money but feels very expensive. I found this gem of a recipe on Epicurious years ago and brought this a number of holiday and New Year’s parties – to the delight of all!
- Toss smoked salmon, capers, lemon zest, paprika and dill in a bowl. Fold in crème fraîche gently, then give a light squeeze of lemon.
- Scoop into your finest serving vessel and serve with a bowl of well salted, sturdy potato chips – think kettle chips! Or serve atop mini potato latkes with a fresh sprig of dill as a very fancy hors d’oeuvres.