Corn, Green Bean, and Tomato Couscous Salad
- 1-1⁄2 c. Israeli couscous
- 1/3 c. mild olive oil
- zest and juice of one large lemon
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 c. cooked corn (from 2 large ears of corn)
- 1 cup of cooked green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 1 to 2 tbsp. chopped hot peppers
- 1⁄4 to 1/3 c. red onion, finely diced
- 2 c. cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- In a large saucepan cook the couscous in plenty of salted boiling water until tender.
- Drain. Rinse lightly and toss with oil. Place in a very shallow bowl to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt and black pepper to make the dressing.
- Add corn, peppers, red onion and dressing to the couscous. (Salad may be made up to this point one day ahead and refrigerated).
- Add the tomatoes and cilantro and toss until well combined.
- Adjust seasoning with salt as needed.