Asian Turnip Salad
- 3-4 medium turnips, peeled (or ½ medium rutabaga, peeled)
- 6 green onions finely sliced, Asian cut
- handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded (or 1 jalapeno)
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Julienne turnips or rutabaga and place in medium sized bowl. Prepare green onions and coriander as directed—set aside.
- Finely chop chilli or jalapeno pepper and place in small bowl. Prepare and measure all remaining dressing ingredients and add to diced pepper.
- Toss dressing into turnip along with half of the coriander and green onion. Garnish with remaining coriander and green onion.
Recipe extension: Create a bed of noodles (e.g., thin soba noodles) by tossing with an additional batch of dressing. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds for colour contrast.