Baked Feta w/ Roasted Grapes
- 1 1/2 cups red and black seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 – 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb. / 16 oz block of feta, sliced in two pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts *optional
- 1 – 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt, to taste
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
Roasted grapes are simply fantastic. They get a little flavour boost from balsamic vinegar, but they do most of the heavy lifting here. Use seedless grapes – trust me, encountering seeds here would be a bummer. I’ve added walnuts because grapes and walnuts are synonymous, but they can be left out. Bake in the same dish you will serve this in; you will save yourself the dishes, but it will keep the heat in the cheese. Serve immediately after done baking.
- Heat the oven to 400° F.
- Toss grapes with 1 tbsp of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to coat, season with a pinch of salt. Roast in baking dish 15 minutes, until the fruit begins to soften. Remove grapes from baking dish.
- In baking dish, place feta blocks. Sprinkle1 tbsp olive oil, herbs, red pepper flakes, and walnuts, if using, over the cheese. Top with roasted grapes. Bake for another 20 mins, until cheese with soft. Drizzle lightly with honey.
- Serve with melba toast, baked pita bread or crostini.