Broccoli & Apple Salad w/ Honey Miso Dressing
- 1 bag broccoli slaw salad mix
- 2 apples or Asian pear, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries, optional
- Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 square of instant ramen noodles, crumbled
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp miso
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp soy
- Pinch of salt and pepper
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
Crunchy, earthy and sweet, this salad is easy to assemble and will keep in the fridge for up to three days. The recipe uses store-bought broccoli slaw, but if you can’t find it or you’re not a fan of packaged salad products, then chop up a head of broccoli into fine florets and pieces; you’ll need about two cups. For the apple, find something with a nice balance of sweet and tangy with a nice crunch, my go-to salad apples are Royal Gala or Honeycrisp, but Granny Smith works in a pinch and you don’t mind a little extra tartness. I like to serve this with grilled Korean-style short ribs or a store-bought rotisserie chicken.
- In large bowl, whisk together tahini, honey, vinegar, miso, minced garlic and soy, the gradually add cold water a tablespoon at a time to loosen dressing. Add pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- To the same bowl add broccoli slaw, apple, carrot, celery, green onion, dried cherries, and cilantro. Toss in dressing to coat. Just before you serve your salad, toss in pumpkin seeds and crumbled ramen noodles. Toss again to coat. Season with salt, if needed.