A Time to Give Thanks
October 8, 2020
October 8, 2020
We are delighted to announce that the Covent Garden Market’s hours are changing!
Beginning November 16th, the Indoor Market will be open from 8AM to 6PM Monday through Saturday. This of course also means that our Outdoor Farmers’ Market will be open from 8AM to 1PM beginning November 21st.
We are so excited for the extra opportunity to connect with our customers! We’ll be sure to remind you closer to that date of this change. And stay tuned for some exciting giveaways and contests coming up! Speaking of which…look below!
Despite what we as a global community have had to endure this past year, we still have so much to be grateful for!🤎🧡 In that spirit, we’re hosting a social media giveaway! One lucky winner will receive a Thanksgiving Basket of a collection of goods from our Indoor Tenants & Farmers’ Market Vendors (ie. chocolate, wine, coffee, flowers, bread & LOTS More) & $50.00 in Market Gift Certificates!
Here’s what you need to do to enter:
The giveaway will close on October 9th at 10 A.M. EST with the winners announced that afternoon. The prize will have to be claimed on October 10th, just in time for Thanksgiving!
Check our these delicious recipes that are perfect for Thanksgiving side dishes! All of the ingredients can be found at the Outdoor Farmers’ Market and the Indoor Market!
Ellen from Orchard Hill Farm shared one of her favourite Thanksgiving side salads on her blog this week: a Fennel, Celery Root, Parsley and Red Onion Salad. It’s super bright, flavourful, and crunchy – perfect for a Thanksgiving plate. And, it’s got roasted pumpkin seeds! Definitively try making these yourself from a fresh pumpkin.
Next, is this amazing Tomato Eggplant Zucchini Bake with Garlic and Parmesan. This is the perfect dish to use your fresh veggies and goes great as a side for any occasion! And, it’s gorgeous – always a bonus.
This third one is a quick and easy Blistered Shishito Pepper recipe. Cooking shishito peppers is so little work for so much flavour that there is never a wrong time to make them. And, you can easily toss in some other veggies to grill to add to the flavour profile. Shishito peppers go great with some roasted beans, asparagus, leeks, and pretty much anything else.
It’s only a few days until Thanksgiving and in honour of the many things we have the privilege to be thankful for this year, we want to share 6 things we appreciate!
1. Our Bountiful Earth: We are beyond thankful for this beautiful, vast, living earth that we all call home. We are thankful for warm rains, misty mornings, wet earth, soft snows, and crisp fall days. We are thankful for the ground that bears our food, the climate that allows it, the sun that provides its energy and the rain its nourishment.
2. Our Incredible Local Talent: London is blessed to be home to so many incredibly talented individuals and we are thankful for the opportunity to work with them. Although we miss our weekly cooking classes (especially the samples!), we know our local chefs are still working hard making delicious food for us to eat and spreading valuable food knowledge. We went many months without live music at the farmers’ market, but these last few weeks have all but made up for it! We are so thankful for the music and joy that our local musicians bring to our market.
3. Our Generous and Supportive Community: We want to try and convey how truly thankful we are for our generous and supportive community. Where you shop and what you buy often reveals what you care about most. We are so thankful that local, fresh, and delicious are all things you look for when you shop. And we are honoured that you choose to do that shopping with us! Every week, rain or shine, you continue to show up with bags and baskets in hand – we love that and can’t wait to see you again this Saturday!
4. Our Hardworking and Thoughtful Vendors: Where would we be, not only as a farmers’ market but as a community, without our farmers and producers? Thank you to our farmers for their skill, their knowledge, their hard work – for bringing food to our tables and knowledge into our kitchens. The world stopped, but they kept going, and we don’t know how to express our gratitude. We eat, because they work. Thank you, Farmers! Thank you to our producers and artisans who apply their talents to bringing us delicious treats and perfect breads, beautifying our lives with flowers and jewellery, and turning farm-fresh ingredients into delicacies, preserves and sauces (a.k.a. masterpieces) that are appreciated more than they know. We are thankful for our vendors’ patience and their resiliency as they again brought their goods to the market this year, despite everything. Our market family is a special one!
5. Delicious and Nutritious Food: Food. One of the most essential things we need to live. We are extremely thankful for food, but also for the privilege of having so much delicious and nutritious food readily available to us. So much in fact, that we have a choice of where to buy our food, different kinds of food to buy and what type. We can choose who grows and makes our food based on so many different factors, and we are thankful that we can make that informed choice and that many good options exist for us. We are especially thankful for full stomachs and overladen tables, and we hope that if given the opportunity, we share the bounty.
6. Our Indispensable Staff: Every Saturday and usually Thursdays as well, without fail, our staff comes through to make sure our Farmers’ Market happens. From setting up canopies, moving tables, putting up signs, and so much more, to taking it all down again at the end of the day, our Farmers’ Market could not happen without our indispensable team! Thank you to our maintenance team for keeping us tidy, and our security team for keeping us safe!
This is the list, folks! See who you can find at the Farmers’ Market this Saturday, October 10th, our Thanksgiving Market! Click on their names to find information on pre-orders and to learn more about their farms and businesses!
Check out their websites for more information about their products and to see what’s in season/currently available!
Live Music (10 a.m. to 12 p.m.): Tom Taylor
Extra: 519Pursuit Sock Drive and, as always, Mark’s Fine Meats will have sliders!