Back to School Routines
August 27, 2019
August 27, 2019
We have talked about this before here, and have made commitments to do our best to preserve the flavours of summer for the long winter months. True to our word, we are so eager to learn all we can from canning extraordinaire, Emily Griffin of Harvest Moon Trading Co.
Canning food has a lot of daunting information surrounding it and sometimes all we need to try something new is a little encouragement from someone we trust.
As always the workshops are free to attend and take place in the market kitchen 11-12 on Saturdays. See you then!
1. Check out Glenda’s Dip counter and pair it with endless amounts of fresh produce from the market. Carrot Sticks, Sweet Turnip sticks, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower.
2. Bison Pepperettes from Blanbrook Bison and chunks of cheese from Great Lakes Dairy Classic Cheddars and Mozzarella
3. Perfectly delicious Samosas from Morsels Baked Goods. They freeze well, can be purchased in bulk and are the perfect addition to anyones lunch box.
4. A wide variety of apple varieties grown locally are starting to roll in. Have an apple tasting with your kids (or join us for one next Thursday September 5th) and see which ones they love!
5. In a pinch for yourself that week? Have you tried Orchard Hill Farms amazing pre-made salads?
6. Thinking about going plant-based but still craving classics such as tuna or egg salad? Heather from the Naturally Vegan Food Company has got your back! Try her tofu egg salad and chickpea of the sea!
Thursday August 29th
Musician: Colin Gray
Brewery: Storm Stayed Brewing Company
Saturday August 31st
Musician: Frank Risdale
Workshop: Canning 101 with Harvest Moon Trading Co.