Bahn Mi Sandwich with Black Bean Pate
Black Bean Pate Ingredients:
- 1 can black beans
- ½” piece ginger
- ¼” piece lemon grass
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- Few drops of Proper Heathen Miso Hot Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ cup cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 sprig green onion
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 baguette, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup black bean pate
- Pickled carrots and daikon radish from The Harvest Pantry.
- (Rice wine vinegar, salt, sugar, water)
- 5 to 6 shitake mushrooms
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 avocado
- Green onions
- Few bean sprouts
- Red hot finger peppers
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Cooking oil
Black Bean Pate Method:
- Wash and strain black beans. Grate ginger, garlic, and lemongrass.
- In a food processor, add black beans, green onions, cilantro, chilli (es), and vinegar. Blend for a couple of minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again to a smooth paste-like consistency. Our black bean pate is ready.
- Slice shitake mushrooms. Heat a pan with some cooking oil. Add grated garlic clove and sliced shitake. Saute for 1 minute. Add hoisin and soy sauce. Finish with sesame oil and seeds.
- Mix mayo and sriracha sauce.
- Toast a piece of baguette. Generously apply black bean pate on the bottom half piece of the baguette. And hot mayo on the other half.
- Layer some sauteed mushrooms, pickled carrots and daikon, sliced avocado, bean sprouts, and chopped cilantro and green onions. You may also add sliced hot pepper for an added zing.
- Enjoy this hearty sammy with some green or bubble tea on the side.