- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp corn starch, mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, sugar and lemon juice. Stir frequently and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch with 2 tbsp cold water.
- Slowly stir the cornstarch mix into the blueberries, careful not to crush the blueberries. Simmer until the blueberry sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. About 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Enjoy!!
Use to top ice cream, pancakes, waffles or cheesecake. Mix it with your favourite BBQ sauce for a delicious Blueberry Barbecue Sauce.