Cheesy Pumpkin Pasta Bake
- 500g penne pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 cup onion, chopped finely
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, shredded and divided
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray a 9”x13” baking dish with a nonstick cooking spray
- Cook penne in boiling, salted water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onion and cook until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add pumpkin puree, almond milk, cheddar cheese, ¼ cup parmesan, nutmeg, thyme, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine ingredients until cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the drained penne and stir to evenly coat the noodles in the sauce.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a small bowl and add the panko bread crumbs. Stir to combine and sprinkle evenly over top of the penne.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan and chopped parsley before serving.