- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano (if fresh, finely chopped)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
Use this as a marinade or a finishing sauce for chicken, beef or fish. I especially like it with grilled meats. Best used same day but will keep for a few days.
- Combine shallot, jalapeño, garlic, vinegar, and salt in a medium bowl. Let sit 10 minutes. Stir in
cilantro, parsley, and oregano. Using a fork, whisk in oil. Cover and let sit until ready to use.