CHINESE 5-SPICE ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
- 4 lb. root vegetables, diced into 1/2” pieces
- 5 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1″ piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 1 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
- 1 to 2 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Pre-heat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine sesame oil, garlic, ginger, orange zest, brown sugar, soy sauce, miso, five-spice powder and thyme. Toss vegetables in mix and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet with lined parchment (you might need to split across two baking sheets). Roast for 40 mins, rotating baking sheets and tossing vegetables mid way through roasting. Vegetables are ready when fork tender.
- To serve, toss vegetables with toasted pumpkin seeds and fresh thyme leaves.