Corn, Peach & Tomato Salsa
- 3 large ripe peaches, diced
- 1 cob of corn (about ½ cup)
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno peppers, finely diced (optional)
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Large frying pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Bowls of various sizes
- Pastry brush
- Tasting spoons
- Dish towel
The recipe is brought to you by Growing Chefs! Ontario - a registered charity based in London, Ontario.
- Gather your mise en place; get together all of the equipment needed for the recipe and gather your ingredients.
- Cut peaches in half, removing the pit. Dice very finely.
- Cut tomato in half, remove hull. Dice very finely.
- Cut bell pepper in half, remove the seeds. Dice very finely.
- If using, cut jalapeno in half and remove seeds. Dice very finely. Make sure you wash your hands after dicing jalapeno or wear gloves!
- Cut red onion in half from root to tip. Cut off the tip of the onion and make small incisions very close together from tip to the root, leaving the root end intact. Cut the strips to dice the onion very finely.
- Remove cilantro leaves from stem, and chop leaves very finely.
- Measure out olive oil and lime juice.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Brush cob of corn with about 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Cook corn in the frying pan and cook on all sides, turning with tongs until corn is browned and starting to char.
- Let corn cool, and cut it off the cob.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, tomato, bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, corn, and jalapeno if using. Add in olive oil and lime juice, stir well, and season to taste with salt and additional lime juice if desired.