Curried Chickpea Salad Wrap
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (regular or vegan)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Handful of cilantro or chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
This is a great vegan or vegetarian alternative to egg salad sandwiches. My favourite way to serve this is in a 10” tortilla wrap with baby spinach, mango chutney, crispy fried onion and pickle. It also makes a great cracker topping.
- Place chickpeas in a large bowl and mash until squashed but leaving chunks.
- Mix in mayonnaise, dijon and curry powder until smooth. Add carrot, celery, onion and herbs, stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.