Egg Butter Masala
- Cilantro : ½ bunch Chopped
- Green chilli – 2 (optional)
- Lemon- ½ to 1 juiced
- Onion – 3 medium chopped
- Tomatoes – 5
- Garlic- 1 whole bulb
- Ginger – 1 tbsp chopped
Pantry & Spices
- Olive Oil – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green cardamom – 3 cloves
- Cinnamon stick – 1 stick
- Bay leaf – 1
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp & ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1 ½ tsp
- Cashews – 10 to 15
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – ½ tsp
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Eggs – Boiled 6
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
Prepared by Himadri Vyas
Quick butter masala gravy
- Soak cashews in hot water for 20 to 30 min.
- In a mixer, add Chopped tomatoes, soaked cashews, cilantro stems, 8 to 10 garlic cloves, 1 green chilli, ginger, 1 tbsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder, ½ cumin powder and blend it together.
Prepping Eggs (Preferred protein)
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp butter. Once hot add ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp chopped cilantro and add boiled and peeled eggs.
- Add ¼ tsp red chilli powder and cook until eggs gets little bit browned.
- If cooking chicken or paneer or veggies, cook for longer until cooked. Make sure to marinate it with 1 cup of yogurt and extra spices like turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, garlic, ginger, red chilli powder either Tandoori masala or Garam masala mix everything. Marinate from an hour to overnight in the fridge.
Cooking curry dish
- In a pan add 2 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter.
- Once hot add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, green cardamom, and chopped onion.
- Cook for 3 mins once onion starts to get a little bit translucent, 1 tsp chopped garlic, 1 green chilli, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp red chilli powder mix and add ¼ cup hot water so that the spice does not burn.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and add tomato gravy mixture and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Keep stirring in between, after it thickens a little bit. Add 1 cup of hot water. Add more water if you want a thinner consistency of gravy.
- Add 1 tsp sugar, cooked protein, kasuri methi, garam masala and cook for another 2 to 3 min.
- Taste for salt, add salt, ½ cup fresh cream and half of the chopped cilantro.
- Before serving add the rest of the butter, cream and cilantro.
- Serve hot with either Naan or rice!