Flank Steak Tacos
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 tbsp grapeseed or avocado oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (about two cloves)
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lime
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Queso fresco
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled red onion or jalapeños
- Salsa or chimichurri
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
Take taco night to the next level. Grill indoors or on an outdoor BBQ. My preference is to serve on a warn corn tortilla but flours works too. If you can’t find Mexican cheese, try using feta!
- In a large zipper plastic bag or glass dish with lid, combine oil, garlic, juices of orange and lime, oregano, cumin and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add flank steak to marinade and coat. Let sit for at least one hour or place in fridge for up to 8 hours.
- When you are ready to cook, pre-heat your grill to a medium-high heat. Brush the grill with oil. Remove steak from marinade and shake off any excess. Place steak on grill and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes on each side, flipping once, until medium-rare or the internal temperature reads 135℉.
- Remove from heat onto a cutting board and let rest for a minimum of 5 minutes. Using a sharp chef’s knife, cut against the grain making 1/4” slices. Serve on warm tortillas with your favourite toppings.