Gado Gado-Inspired Noodle Salad
- 1 lbs noodles, cooked and lightly oiled
- 1 cup fried tempeh or tofu
- 1 cup shaved cabbage (Nappa and/or red cabbage)
- 1 cup green papaya, julienned
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated or matchstick
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans, raw or blanched
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leaves (optional)
- Hard boiled egg(s), 1 per person
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soya sauce)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 garlic, finely minced or grated
- 1-inch piece of ginger, finely minced or grated
- Shrimp crackers (krupuk)
- Crushed peanuts
- Sesame seeds
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
- In a bowl, whisk together peanut butter, oil, rice vinegar, recap manis, lime juice, garlic and ginger. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine noodles, tempeh, cabbage, papaya, onion, carrot, cucumber, green
beans, bean sprouts and red pepper. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then toss with dressing
to evenly coat noodles and vegetables.
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half and sprinkle lightly with sesame seed. Lay eggs on top of salad.
Garnish salad with crushed shrimp crackers and crushed peanuts.