GOCHUJANG BROWN BUTTER BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- 3 lb. brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed or olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 tbsp (about 1/3 cup) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup gochujang
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup, or honey
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- Fresh lime juice or rice vinegar
- Roasted sesame seeds (about 1 tbsp)
- Flaky sea salt
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven and set a rimmed baking sheet on each; preheat oven to 500°. Toss brussels sprouts with oil in a large bowl to coat; season with kosher salt and pepper. Carefully (baking sheets will be hot!) divide brussels sprouts between baking sheets and spread out in a single layer; reserve bowl. Roast, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through, until brussels sprouts are charred in spots and tender, 14 to 16 minutes.
- Cook butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling occasionally, until milk solids are a deep amber color and butter smells very nutty, 5–8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in gochujang and maple syrup. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Combine brussels sprouts and half of scallions in reserved bowl; add brown butter mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to a platter, scatter remaining scallions and sesame seeds over. Finely grate lime zest on top; sprinkle with a squeeze of lime juice and flaky sea salt.