Herby Tomato & Peach Salad w/ Dukka
- 2 peaches, skinned and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced in quarters
- 1/2 cup bulgar, cooked
- 1/4 cup dukka2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Pomegranate molasses, for drizzle
- 1/4 cup fresh cheese, like goat cheese
- Parsley and mint, leaves washed
- Dill, fronds
For the dukka:
- 3/4 cup hazelnut, toasted
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Kosher salt
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
When hosting a family style dinner, I like to lay salads out in a platter and I think this combination of ingredients works really well in this style. Make sure your elements are evenly distributed on your platter so that each guest is getting a little bit of everything as they serve themselves.
For the dukka:
- Toast hazelnuts in a dry pan over medium-high heat on stove. Once browned, remove to food processor. Next toast pumpkin seeds and fennel seeds until fragrant and lightly browned. Then removed to food processor with hazelnuts. Add remaining ingredients, then pulse until ground into coarse mixture. Transfer to airtight container.
- In a small bowl, whisk tahini, honey and red wine vinegar. If needed, loosen mix with water. It should have the consistency of salad dressing. Set aside.
- On a large platter, evenly layer peaches and tomatoes to cover most of the surface. Next, layer cooked bulgar then dukka. Drizzle honey tahini and pomegranate molasses. Next, scatter dollops of fresh cheese and garnish with herbs.