- 1 lb / 454g ground lamb or beef
- 1/2 cup grated red onion
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
This versatile dish can be served at the hero protein of your meal or as an appetizer. The two ways to best prepare this lamb is either as a meatball or as a kebab. For meatballs, it’s best to use the baking method. Kebabs are best cooked on the BBQ or over a charcoal grill. Serve with rice or warm pita, hummus, tahini, or labneh, and pickled red onion or turnip
- Pre-heat oven to 400℉.
- Combine lamb, red onion, pistachio, thyme, cumin, chili powder, salt, black pepper and lemon zest in a bowl until fully incorporated.
- Roll into 1 to 1.5 oz balls (about 1” inch in size) and place on parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 to 24 mins, or until fully cooked through.