Lemon Rice & Mango Lassi
- Cilantro : ½ bunch Chopped
- Green chilli – 1 (optional)
- Lemon- ½ to 1 juiced
- Fresh Ataulfo Mango or any mango you like – 1 to 2 (optional)
Pantry & Spices
- Preferred Oil – 1 Tsp
- Black or Brown Mustard seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing in Hindi)- ¼ Tsp
- Turmeric-½ Tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp to as per taste (optional)
- Urad Dal (Black gram split) – 2 tsp
- Chana Dal (split chickpea lentil) – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 4 to 5
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 2 tbsp (100 gms)
- Peanuts – 1 tbsp
- Kesar Mango Pulp can
- Uncooked rice – 1 cup of Cooked rice – 2 cups
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Kesar Mango pulp – 1
- Ghee – 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt (Greek or Indian 3%) – 1 Tub
Prepared by Himadri Vyas
- Cook the rice or use already cooked rice. NOTE: ** I am using basmati rice but you can use any as per your choice. I cook rice with salt in it as well
- In a pan add oil and ghee, once it is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida, and green chilli.
- Add urad dal and chana dal, cashews and peanuts.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and add ¼ cup of water. Add black pepper and salt and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add cooked rice and lemon juice and sugar and mix altogether.
- Taste for salt and add chopped cilantro before serving.
Mango Lassi Recipe
- In a mixer blender mix half () can of mango pulp and 1 tub of yogurt and some ice.
- Mix everything and taste for sugar or add more yogurt or milk or more mango pulp to adjust your preferred thickness and sweetness.
- If you can’t find mango pulp you can use fresh mango as per your liking or frozen mango with some sugar.
- Serve it cold!