Mie Goreng (Fried Noodles)
- 1 lb Indonesian egg noodles or any Asian ramen-like noodle, fully cooked
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium carrot, 1/2” slices on bias
- 1 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- On medium-high heat, add oils to a wok or frying pan.
- Toss in onion, carrot and bok choy and cook for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce (2 drops) and let cook for 1 minute then add 1 tbsp water, 1 tsp butter/ margarine, and cooked noodles.
- Toss then add kecap manis until noodles are fully coated. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.