Moroccan Beet and Carrot Salad with Almonds, Mint, and Apricots
- 3/4 cup chopped apricots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 6 carrots, julienned
- 3 large beets julienned or spiralized
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp ras el hanout
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the apricots, garlic and vinegar. Allow to marinate 10 minutes.
- Add the julienned carrots and beets, green onion, mint, parsley and almonds.Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl combine the lemon zest, lemon juice, pomegranate molasses, ground cumin, chili flakes, ras el hanout and olive oil.
- Add the dressing to the carrot beet salad.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.