Pea shoot Microgreen Pesto
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 to 4 cups of well packed microgreens
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (or sunflower seeds to make it nut free)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Pecorino Romano cheese, finely grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Our Island Market Farm
- Toast nuts or seeds, and set aside to cool.
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic cloves, lemon juice, microgreens, nuts or seeds, cheese and salt and pepper. With the blender or processor on low speed slowly add olive oil to the mix. Continue blending until mixture is well mixed, chunky but not too smooth. Add salt and pepper if needed.
- For creamier pesto, add more cheese. Enjoy!
Pesto can be stored in an air-tight container for up to a week. Or freeze in ice cub trays to enjoy fresh pesto all year long!