PETOJO Signature Green Salad w/ Balsamic Dressing
- 3 cups cups spring mix
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup beet, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, roasted and salted
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey (or maple syrup, to make vegan)
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
We developed this recipe for our first corporate lunch catering. We elevated the basic mixed green salad, which can be boring and too leafy, with thinly sliced vegetables that add texture and flavour. Generally, I’m not a big fan of a mix greens salad, but this one is a winner for me.
- To a tall vessel, add balsamic vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Using a hand blender, blend liquid while slowly adding oil in a steady stream. Dressing should emulsify nicely. Season again if necessary.
- Combine lettuce with carrots, fennel, cucumber, beet and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with dressing.