- 12 to 16 medium sized prawns, deveined and peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 hot pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- 4 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, minced
- A pinch of oregano
- Salt and black pepper
- Parm cheese for garnish
- ¼ cup cooking oil
Ankita Vaidya | Simmer & Spice | www.simmerandspice.ca | Instagram @simmer.spice | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Place your prawns in a clean bowl. Add salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Add minced garlic, shallots, and hot peppers. Sweat it for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the prawns and give it a quick sear (15-20 seconds on each side). Take the prawns out on a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, deglaze using white wine or chicken stock, and add pasta sauce, capers, and olives. Cook the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Add herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Once the sauce is slightly thickened, add the prawns and cook for another 4 minutes to completely cook the prawns.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, and grated parm cheese.
- Serve hot with a toasted piece of baguette.