Roasted Sweet Potato & Grain Salad
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 clove of garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Water, as needed
- 2 cups cooked grains, cooled
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup roasted sweet potato, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of flat leaf parsley
- Pumpkin seeds, toasted
- Juice of half an orange
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email email@example.com or call 519 488 0316
This is a beautiful salad was a catering favourite. Use your favourite grain – brown rice, quinoa, farro – or mix them up! It keeps well for a day or two in the fridge. Portion and layer your salad ingredients containers (keeping the dressing separate!) for healthy work day lunches.
- To make the dressing: In a bowl, whisk all ingredients to combine until smooth. Let rest in the fridge while you prepare the salad.
- In a large bowl, place the cooked grains, kale, sweet potato, carrot, cucumber,
pomegranate seeds, red onion and parsley. Drizzle over dressing and toss. You want the dressing to lightly coat your salad, you may not use all the dressing. Add juice of half an orange and toss. Give your salad a taste, if needed, season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds. Serve