Sabudana Khichdi; Tapioca & Potato Stir Fry Dish
- Cilantro : ½ bunch Chopped
- Potato – 2 boiled and chopped
- Green chilli – 1 (optional)
- Ginger- 1 tsp crushed
- Lemon- 1 juiced
Pantry & Spices
- Ghee or Preferred Oil
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Sugar – 1 tbsp – 1.5 tbsp
- Roasted peanuts- ¾ cup
- Tapioca – 2 cups
Prepared by Himadri Vyas
Preparation – 5 to 6 hours
- Wash 2 cups of Tapioca under the tap and add in the bowl without any water
- Add the same amount of water as tapioca , 1:1 ratio for soaking it either overnight or for at least 5 to 6 hours prior to cooking.
- While Tapioca is soaking, boil 2 to 3 potatoes and peel them.
- In one large pan, add 2 to 3 tbsp ghee or preferred oil at hot to medium flame.
- Once it is hot add cumin seeds, crushed ginger, chopped chilli (optional) and chopped boiled potatoes and let it stir fry until it takes golden edges.
- Add the soaked sabudana, salt and sugar and mix for 3 to 4 mins.
- Once the tapiocas are translucent, add lightly crushed peanuts, black pepper and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly, taste for salt. Garnish with coriander and serve.
Note: Make sure to get tapioca from an Indian grocery store or similar looking one.