- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1lb / 454g bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
S’mores = summer. Rice Krispie treats = backyard BBQ, picnics, parties, camping, and other summertime activities. This recipe has a nice little upgrade to make your treats extra gooey and
soft. Cut these into squares and store in the most retro Tupperware-like container for up to a week.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan (glass preferably). Reserve 1 cup of mini marshmallows.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. When butter begins to bubble, add
sweetened condensed milk and stir to combine. Cook until fragrant, about one minute.
- Stir in the remaining marshmallows (about 3 cups), vanilla, and salt into the butter until melted.
- Add vanilla and stir. Turn off the heat.
- Gently, but quickly, fold in reserved 1 cup mini marshmallows, cereal, and chocolate chips until
completely coated in marshmallow mixture. The chocolate and marshmallows will melt a bit.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and spread with spatula, but do not smooth. Let cool for
about 5 minutes then using a grease spoon to press into an even layer. Cool completely (at least an hour, I promise the wait will be worth it!) until cutting into equal squares.