Spinach and Strawberry Salad
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) granulated sugar (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) raspberry vinegar
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) slivered almonds
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) corn syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp (7 ml) granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 lb (494 g) spinach, washed
- 2 cup (500 ml) strawberries, washed and sliced
- Make dressing by whisking together the oil with the granulated sugar and raspberry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F (160degrees C).
- In a small bowl stir the almonds together with the corn syrup, sugar, and salt until coated. Spread in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in oven and bake for 12 minutes, stirring once. Let cool completely. Break into pieces.
- Assemble salad by tossing spinach with the dressing; sprinkle with strawberries and candied almonds.