Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Cutting board
- Paring knife
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Cutting board
- Bowls of various sizes
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
- Baking sheet with parchment paper
- Tasting spoons
- Dish towel
This recipe is brought to you by Chef Kyle Fee and Chef Erin Circelli-Russell with the help of their students from The Chef’s Table at Fanshawe College.
- Gather your mise en place; get together all of the equipment needed for the recipe and gather your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Beat well until fully combined and smooth.
- Take the sheet of puff pastry and roll out thinner with a rolling pin, until each side of the puff pastry is about 2 inches wider and longer.
- Spread the cream cheese down the middle of the sheet of puff pastry evenly, only covering the middle third of the sheet. Top with sliced strawberries and white chocolate chips. On the other two-thirds of the puff pastry that are exposed, cut slits about 2-3 centimeters apart, from the middle to the outside. Crisscross these cut pieces over top of the filling until the pastry is enclosed. Place on a sheet pan with parchment.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine eggs and water and beat well. Brush the strudel with the egg wash before baking.
- Place the strudel into the 375°F oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, rotating halfway through. Once strudel is golden brown, it is ready to come out. Transfer onto a cool wire until cooled slightly.
- While the strudel is baking, in a medium mixing bowl combine icing sugar, vanilla extract and milk and mix well until fully combined and smooth. Once strudel is cooled slightly, drizzle with the glaze and sprinkle with more icing sugar if desired. Slice and serve warm!