- 2 cups plain / all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups caster / superfine sugar
- 115g / 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup milk , full fat
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp vegetable or canola oil
- 1L Whipping cream
- Tablespoon Icing sugar
- Tablespoon Vanilla
Prepared by Nancy Salamanca
- Beat eggs for 30 seconds on speed 6 of a Stand Mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, or hand beater.
- With the beater still going, pour the sugar in over 45 seconds.
- Then beat for 7 minutes on speed 8, or until tripled in volume and white. Pour batter into pans.
- Knock out bubbles
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.