Stuffed Dates w/ Prosciutto
- Prosciutto slices, halved lengthwise
- Blue cheese (creamy Danish or Gorgonzola) or goat cheese
- Pitted dates, split open or in half
Prepared by Kimi Abdullah, co-Founder of Petojo Food & Catering Follow on her on Instagram @kimiabdullah & Tumblr @kimieats Find Petojo Food & Catering on Instagram and Facebook @petojofood For catering inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519 488 0316
A wonderfully simple appetizer that can be made ahead and baked just before you serve to your guests. Serve with a light drizzle of balsamic reduction or glaze, or good honey.
- Heat the oven to 375° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wedge a small piece of cheese into the date, then roll the date into the prosciutto.
- Place wrapped dates on baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
To make a balsamic reduction: Whisk 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and 2 tbsp brown sugar in a sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil then lower to medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until liquid reduced and thickened. The liquid will reduce further as it cools.